Triton D8 Lab Scope Operation Level 2 Badge Details
The Snap-on Triton D8 Lab Scope Operation Certification continues to raise the bar for technical training for students entering the automotive repair industry. The course curriculum enables students to acquire TOOLS FOR LIFE they need to unlock the full potential of this sophisticated tool, and provides the insight and experience required to service computer-controlled vehicles.
Today’s vehicles require computerized diagnostics to accurately identify problems. As the leader in aftermarket automotive diagnostics, Snap-on has developed hands-on classroom training and advanced lab exercises to master this powerful diagnostic tool.
A majority of technicians who use scanning equipment know only 20-30% of the tool’s capabilities. When students complete their certification, they can show employers they have hands-on experience as scanner power-users.
- Explain the basics of scan tool usage
- Identify the key features of the Triton platform
- Demonstrate how to use the vehicle communication software
- Configure and customize graphing data
- Retrieve diagnostic trouble codes and data
- Perform bi-directional functional tests
- Explain Global OBD-II and how it fits into a diagnostic strategy
- Access Fast-Track Troubleshooter and SureTrack information