HVACR Compressor Operation and Maintenance Badge Details
The HVACR Compressor Operation and Maintenance Certification recognizes the ability to describe the design, construction, and operation of scroll, hermetic, and semihermetic compressors. Students that earn this badge have obtained understanding of compression, mechanical, and electrical operation, along with trouleshooting, failure analysis, and prevention methods.
- Compression mechanical and electrical operation.
- Correctly perform a compressor teardown, inspection and failure analysis.
- Describe the design, construction and operation of scroll, hermetic, and semihermetic compressors.
- Calculate compression ratio.
- Recognize common causes of compressor failure and identify methods of prevention.