Kubota Tech: SVL Engines Badge Details
The purpose of this course is give students a clear understanding of engines used in Kubota SVL Equipment
- Explain Kubota Diesel Engine Theory and Operation
- Identify engine model and serial number to research applicable vehicle and serviceinformation, service precautions, service procedures, and technical service bulletins and determine needed actions.
- Identify major engine components including pistons, rods, crankshaft, block, cam shaft cylinder head, and the timing chain assembly.
- Inspect engine assembly for fuel, oil, coolant, exhaust, or other leaks and determine needed actions.
- Validate proper operation of Kubota fuel systems using appropriate test equipment and determine needed actions.
- Perform Kubota intake air induction system leakage and restriction tests and determine needed actions.
- Perform compression and cylinder leak-downtesting and analyze results.
- Perform the Kubota 7-Step Diagnostic Process.
- Diagnose no crank, cranks but fails to start, hard starting, and forms but does not continue to run problems and determine needed actions.
- Identify Tier 4 Final Emissions: Component identification and functions.
- Utilize Kubota Scan Tools to Identify Electrical Failures (Diagmaster or Service Mode)
- Verify and identify present and past fault codes.
- Perform input and output testing of engine electrical systems.
- View live and stored data and interpret findings.
- Diagnose faults using Kubota electronic repair information.
- Diagnose Kubota emission systems.