Tool ID 1 - Screwdrivers Badge Details
The Snap-on Hand Tool Identification, Safety and Usage Certification is designed to introduce tech students to hand tools used in today’s critical industries. The curriculum consists of the identification, safety, and usage of common hand tools. Tech students receive the TOOLS FOR LIFE they need for safe and successful careers in automotive, aviation, manufacturing, power generation and building maintenance.
Proper use of hand tools starts with identification. Snap-on and NC3 combined their industrial experience and expertise to create a certification that includes hands-on training with the hand tools that are vital to transportation, engineering, manufacturing, aviation, power generation, and natural resources, and many more. Those who earn this certification will be proficient in the safe use of a variety of hand tools.
The Hand Tool Identification, Safety and Usage Certification is divided into five modules. Each of these modules is a stand-alone certification which, when all are earned, represent a mastery of hand tool identification, safety, and usage. Module 1 covers Screwdrivers.
- Acquaint the reader with safety procedures related to the workplace
- Understand the safety hazards associated with the various types of screwdrivers
- Identify the various types of screwdrivers
- Identify the various screwdriver sizes
- Identify the various types of prybars
- Demonstrate the proper usage of the various types of screwdrivers
- Demonstrate the proper usage of prybars
- Objective Unit 2, to ensure students can identify the various types of screwdrivers
- Objective Unit 3, to ensure students can identify safety hazards associated with using damaged or broken screwdrivers
- Objective Unit 4, to ensure the student can identify and safely use all the screwdrivers outlined in the previous units