ASME Introductory Pipe Welding Badge Details
This course aligns with AWS competencies, teaches methods that meet industry standards of ASME pipe welding, and ensures welding competency for an entry skilled position.
- Performs safety inspection, operator maintenance, sets up, and operates SMAW equipment.
- Makes multiple pass groove welds in the 2G (visual inspection only) and 5G positions on carbon steel pipe, with and without backing ring.
- Performs straight, square & bevel edge cutting operations on carbon steel pipe with the pipe axis in the horizontal and vertical positions.
- Performs straight, square & bevel edge cutting operations in the flat position on carbon steel pipe using a pipe beveller.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the major welding codes.
- Interprets basic elements of a drawing or sketch and welding symbol information.