Insulation & Ground Rod Testing Badge Details
Understand the applications and operation of insulation and ground resistance testers. Learn to interpret resistance measurements and how to safely use digital insulation resistance and clamp-on style ground rod resistance meters to take measurements in order to successfully complete lab activities.
- Understand the applications and operation of insulation resistance and ground rod resistance testers.
- Measure insulation resistance on conductors, transformers and motor windings
- Measure ground rod resistance with a clamp-on style ground rod resistance tester
- Interpret category ratings for meters and test leads.
- Apply electrical principles and laws to calculate resistance
- Understand the importance of electrical safety guidelines and PPE best practices