Residential - Air-to-Air Heat Pumps Badge Details
Participants in the Residential Certification for Heat Pumps will understand the benefits and operation of heat pump systems. They will understand the defrost cycle, sequence of operations and create a defrost cycle using portable trainers. The will understand the electrical components within a heat pump system and how to apply dual fuel to maximize system performance and efficiency for the homeowner.
- Understand the principles of the heat pump cycle.
- Understand the operation of each component and the application of heat pump equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dual fuel configurations.
- Understand charging/troubleshooting procedures per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Utilize proper service procedures.
- Demonstrate the proper use of appropriate tools and test instruments.