Bending Basics Badge Details
Learn the bending characteristics of the various conduits used in the electrical trade. Apply the bending theory required to calculate, layout and perform a variety of the most common bends used in the electrical trade. Demonstrate proficiency by bending conduit using hand benders and ratchet mechanical benders.
- Demonstrated proficiency by bending conduit using hand benders and mechanical benders to make 90-degree, offset, back-to-back, and
- saddle bends.
- Demonstrated proficiency by threading rigid conduit using hand threaders.
- Applied mathematics required to calculate, layout and perform a variety of the most common bends used in the electrical trades.
- Used professional grade tools related to conduit bending to measure, cut and prepare conduit for installation.
- Understands the planning and regulations around conduit installation.
- Understands the theory and principles applied to bending conduit.
- Understands conduit characteristics.
- Understands and follows industry safety and regulations.